Financial Controller - Business Services - Glasgow
We are seeking an intelligent, organised and motivated Financial Controller to lead a local team of two. Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for the accounting function and reporting from start to finish.
One of the UK's leading companies in their field with offices in Glasgow and London
- Assisting with the design and implementation of new accounting systems and controls in conjunction with the external accountants.
- Producing management accounts.
- Dealing with suppliers, bankers and the company's professional advisers.
- Producing full month end balance sheet reconciliations & bank reconciliations.
- Ensuring all suppliers invoices properly authorised and checked.
- Prepare and file VAT returns.
- Paying all taxes and file all reports according to statutory regulations.
- Managing cash flow and working capital.
- Assisting with the outsourced payroll function and deal with all payments in a timely manner.
- Dealing with external accountants and advisers.
- Qualified accountant.
- 5 years or more experience in a similar level role.
- Relevant experience up to TB level.
- Good track record of providing strong financial support and accurate information.
- Strong practical experience of Sage, Excel and other computerised accounting systems.
- Experience of SMEs and a small accounting / admin team is important.
- Able to produce accurate management reports and forecasts in an accessible way.
- Strong analytical ability and good IT skills.
Self motivated and able to take responsibility for prioritising and monitoring own workload.
Salary up to £45,000 for the successful candidate.