Field Service Engineer
Job title- Field Service Engineer
Location- Covering - CV, B, ST, WV & WS postcode
Benefits- Overtime at 1.5, 23 days holiday, Van-not for personal use, Mobile Phone, Tablet, Uniform
My client is recruiting a Field Service Engineer based in the West Midlands covering CV, B, ST, WV & WS postcode. You will service and maintain a range of materials handling equipment to a high standard. You will identify potential repairs/faults to ensure maximum reliability/uptime as well as carrying out PAT and lifting equipment inspections and ensure all site health & safety and PPE rules are maintained and observed at all times.
Role and Responsibility
- Servicing, maintenance, and repair of materials handling equipment including forklifts, side loaders, reach trucks
- Using their market-leading Fleet Management System to complete parts orders, job sheets and warranty work
- Providing a best-in-class customer experience for our business customers
- Book all Planned Maintenance with Customer
- Agree workload with PM Manager prioritising as below
- Chargeable Services
- Key Accounts i.e. National Accounts, Regional Major Accounts
- Support Patch Engineers
- Ensure all chargeable services are completed by a set date of each month
- Ensure all fleet servicing is completed by the end of the month
- Ensure daily telephone contact with Operations Controller to cover specifically:
- Service completion
- Estimate requests
- Damage requests
- Carry out lifting equipment examinations, as and when required. Liaise with PM Manager.
- Carry out PAT testing, as and when required. Liaise with PM Manager.
- Other tasks as directed commensurate with the efficient running of the organisation within the skills and capabilities of the individual and as required from time to time.
- Experience in servicing, repair or maintenance of materials handling equipment (MHE), construction plant, agricultural machinery or powered access equipment (MEWP), or Forklift trucks.
- Knowledge of automotive, mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems and components
- Excellent customer service skills
- Relevant technical qualification would be advantageous
- Clean full UK driving license