PLC Hotline Support Engineer
This will be an office based role, on an on call rota based system (so will need to be flexible with working start and finish times) taking calls on a help desk acting support function and updating help desk system to track, monitor and resolve any issues remotely. You will also need to be able to provide professional on line software support for PLC (ideally Siemens) & WCS systems
This will be a progressive role where you will eventually develop and support junior technicians to increase their systems knowledge to provide a technical manual service desk. This will then be able to support the maintenance engineers on PLC modifications, upgrades and break downs on automated sites.
- Extensive Control system experience / knowledge (PLC, IT, Drives, Networks) Essential
- Materials handling / automation experience
- Experience of IT systems support
- Experience dealing directly with customers / end users
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience with bus systems (ASI-BUS, PROFIBUS, CAN BUS, etc.) Essential
- Experience with ladder logic on Siemens Step7 or similar experience. Essential
- BSc or HND/HNC in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work.
Proactive Company Description
Our Automation division is a market leader in this specialist industry with outstanding relationships across the UK.
Proactive's automation team successfully appoint professionals at varying levels of seniority, from hands on engineers through to Management and Director level appointments. With a dedicated team of specialist consultants, we have a successful track record with our clients, partnering with them to cover a wide range of skill sets.
Our focus is purely on the Automation sector - with a specific focus on the following markets:
- Automated warehousing
- Parcel & postal
- Machine building
- Water, waste management & recycling
- Theme parks
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please contact Matthew Crate-Fox on or submit your CV to . Proactive also offer a referral scheme for successful applicants - if you know anyone that could be suited to this position then please contact Proactive with their details and if they are placed by Proactive you will receive between £100-500. *T&Cs apply
I will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.