Fraud Investigator - Underwriting
Fraud Investigator - Underwriting
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Salary: £25k - £30k
Our client, a very well-known and prestigious Motor Insurance Underwriting Company based in Chelmsford is currently recruiting for an experienced Fraud Investigator with experience of SIRA and CUE detection Systems.
Your main focus as a Fraud Investigation is to identify cases of potential fraud through the use of the SIRA and CUE detection system and other means of notification. This specifically includes the identification, implementation and day to day management of fraud prevention and detection techniques.
You will be expected to support the business in the development of their risk and control assessments to ensure all material risks are captured, assessed appropriately and advise on mitigating controls and in addition, raise awareness of fraud across the business and providing support and direction to their colleagues. This includes participating in Fraud user groups to discuss best practice and improvements.
The primary focus of this role is on protecting the business against risks and minimise financial loss to the business associated with fraud using tools, techniques, processes and own judgement and to take appropriate action.
- Act as contact and referral point for the business area(s) supported in matters related to risk identification, assessment and control
- Working with the Operations Manager with the development of adequate process and control documentation, MI reporting and maintaining accurate use of case management
- Provide training, development and feedback to colleagues with regards to understanding and identifying fraud
- Constantly seek to gather knowledge, information and insight into new and emerging fraud trends and take steps to protect the business against such trends
- Accountable for making decisions on actions such as voiding or cancelling policies based upon evidence gathered and in-depth analysis completed
- Promoting the company and maintaining excellent levels of customer service
- Work closely with our brokers ensuring that they understand and support our approach to fraud
- Ensuring that TCF is a part of the organisations culture and behaviours
- Taking an active part in maintaining our fair and open culture
- Ensuring adherence of all regulatory requirements, guidelines and working practices - both internally and externally
Skills and Competencies
- Logical thinker, who is able to contribute to the commercial and financial achievements of our business
- Communication and presentation skills to deliver interaction with individuals and teams ranging from front-line staff up to senior level
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Clear evidence of the ability to motivate and inspire colleagues
- Articulate and numerate with personal traits that include attention to detail, curiosity for information, determination and information gathering
- Ability to work as a self- starter and within a team environment
- Innovative and willing to challenge the status quo whilst providing alternative workable solutions
- Highly organised with good planning and delivery capabilities
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position please contact Samantha Clark at Adore Recruitment.