An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic organisation in the Melksham area as an R&D Technician.
This role will support two areas of the R&D function; Workshop and Test Lab. This role will be split across these areas.
The R&D Technician will support the production of all physical samples required to support a development project. These may be manufactured internally or outsourced as required. The prototypes could be used for aesthetic, engineering or material evaluation.
Responsibilities will include;-
* Produce and/or manage the production of all build prototypes
* Ensure all product is consistently manufactured to company quality standards and that all operating procedures are complete, accurate and conform to ISO9001.
* Ensure the compliance of the workshop with Health & Safety standards through regular area inspections, training and risk assessments.
* To undertake audits of performance in their area of control, and devise and implement effective and documented corrective and preventative actions. To control waste streams ensuring adherence to environmental initiatives including waste segregation and COSHH.
* Set up and conduct tests according to established objectives and worldwide standards.
* Use hand tools and shop equipment to build metal, wood or plastic text fixtures as needed.
* Maintain detailed and accurate data as required.
* Work with engineering personnel to develop new Test Methods and standards.
* Review and approve peer test results and reports.
* Responsible for performing routine maintenance and minor repairs on test machines.
* 2+ years Mechanical testing experience in a test lab or Technical Associate's Degree (such as Mathematics, Science) or equivalent experience.
* Experience working with and troubleshooting electronic instrumentation; experience in the use of machinery, computerised controls and data collection devices.
* Good communication skills with good technical writing skills.
* Capable of using all types of hand and power tools.
* Innovative and creative in devising solutions to problems.
* Knowledge of modern manufacturing processes and techniques.