Managing Director - SME Pet Care business
Our client is a privately owned, c. £25 million manufacturer of Pet Care products, supplying a wide range of products to specialist UK Retailers, Grocers and a vast network of independents and wholesalers.
The business has seen strong development of their Pet Food Division over recent years. Our client is looking to aggressively grow their market share through continued large customer acquisition, growing relationships in the independent sector, continued brand development and the introduction and development of new products to the range.
The business has a fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture and is looking for a Managing Director to drive future Commercial and Product Development success across the business.
Experience and Attributes required:
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in the Pet sector.
- Strong Pet sector knowledge with experience of developing products from concept through to launch and sell through.
- Proven experience in a Commercial Leadership role in an FMCG Manufacturing environment.
- A Strong sales and marketing background with experience of dealing with the Grocers, Specialist Retailers and Independents.
- A strong understanding of brand development in a specialist market.
- A strong understanding of product and technical development and operational experience of bringing products to market.
- Hard working, driven and with a high level of entrepreneurial flair.
- Use to working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Full P&L responsibility for the Pet Division and regularly report on achievements versus budget.
- Development of new relationships and nurture current relationships with Grocers, leading UK Specialist Retailers and Independents.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships, as well as conducting business planning and visit stores to build market knowledge.
- Management of the Pet Division team (across Sales, Marketing, Category Management and Technical)
- Co -ordinate all activities in support of the channels including account and market launches, communications and key metrics with operational teams.
- Develop the Pet Division marketing plan and brand strategy for current products and future product launches, liaising with the Group Marketing Director on execution and development.
- Co-ordinate account and market reviews with the Sales team on key metrics and best practice.
- Champion the team in the development of system, procedures, calendar and tools,
- Co-ordinate new product development ensuring a strong and efficient development plan is achieved.
To apply please email your CV to Chris Barker, Executive Search Consultant at Collingwood.