Practice Nurse - Peripatetic
7 days left
- Full Time
Roodlane Medical is one of the UK's leading providers of corporate healthcare services, with extensive experience of creating and delivering effective and innovative corporate wellness strategies. Roodlane operates out of offices in London, Prestatyn and Glasgow, and provides services to blue chip clients mainly in banking, legal and professional services.
As part of Roodlane Medical, you will be working with a skilled and experienced multi-disciplinary team, in a supportive and professional environment with opportunities for personal learning and development.
We are seeking a Practice Nurse to provide primary care services to corporate clients, including travel medicine, health screens, procedures such as ear irrigation and phlebotomy. In addition the nurse will also carry out various screening tests such as audiometry; spirometry and ECG tests including stress tests (full training will be given).
This role is based in London.
Salary range is between £32,000- £35,000 dependent on candidate experience.
Monday - Friday - 9-5:30pm (some flexibility required)
Working hours are 37.5 per week Monday - Friday
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with GPs and nursing colleagues and members of the client's healthcare team and refer to GP when necessary
- Follow company policies, procedures and protocols and keep up to date with quality systems, standards and guidelines, help to develop and implement new policies and protocols
- Provide an immunisation programme for employees and subsequent follow-up of vaccine regimes
- Conduct an annual flu vaccination programme for employees
- Provide a minor treatment service to employees for sickness or injury at work, including wound dressings and advice and administration of prescribed drugs in accordance with PGD's and competencies e.g. travel health
- Contribute to any pro-active health training programmes and initiatives to promote healthy working environments and work practices
- Manage own work load within broad guidelines according to demands of the service
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse - or equivalent (part 1 of NMC Register)
- Extensive post registration experience
- Experience of working in Primary care
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
About The Individual
You will be adaptable and flexible with with concise communication skills both written and verbal. You will be a team player and be able to manage your workload and diary effectively.