Group Reporting Manager - Plc
Our Client is one of the world’s largest leading designers, manufacturers, importers and distributors of gift packaging and greetings, giftware and creative play products. An international AIM listed business with a turnover of over £300m.
A management reporting manager is required to lead the Group’s management accounting and reporting activities. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be required to take ownership of several critical areas of the Group’s monthly and annual cycle, including monthly management reporting and the group-wide risk and insurance programmes. They will be expected to play a key part in ad-hoc projects that could include M&A activity and subsequent integration, business insights projects, etc. and to be able to deputise for the Group FC as required. This role sits in, and will work closely with, a small team who collectively have responsibility for the overall governance, reporting and stewardship of this multi-national plc.
- Preparation of group consolidated results and monthly board pack
- Bank covenant reporting
- Owner of Group management accounts consolidation system (cloud based)
- Production and maintenance of formal accounting manual
- Management of insurance for the Group, including the annual renewal
- Lead the bi-annual risk review and assessment programme
- Support the Group FC in management of external professional services (including insurance, tax, internal audit, legal)
- Ad hoc project work
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated, personable and solutions orientated. They will need to be able to demonstrate all or many of the following:
- A qualified graduate accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with an excellent academic record,
- Blue chip and/or Big 4 experience, with an understanding of the typical challenges facing a listed multinational group,
- The ability to develop a good working relationship with remote business units and foster a common sense of objective to deliver accurately and on-time. This includes the need to work well with a diverse team of people, spread geographically and by background (e.g. smaller entrepreneurial businesses to large multinationals),
- A pro-active style, with a clear sense of ownership and pride in meeting and exceeding expectations,
- An innovative, solutions orientated approach, with the ability to make good, sound judgements and to ask for help when needed,
- The ability to prioritise effectively, maintaining the right balance between pace and perfection in important and often technically challenging areas,
- A willingness to take on and deliver on a variety of tasks (the exciting and the routine
- Strong IT literacy, comfortable working with new IT financial systems and capable of working quickly and efficiently in word, excel, powerpoint, etc.
This role offers the opportunity to be a part of a small finance team dealing with all the challenges and complexities expected of the head office of a successful multinational, listed group.
The reward package includes competitive salary, discretionary bonus and benefits commensurate with a role of this level.