Graduate Quantity Surveyor - Story Homes
Story Homes has 30 years of experience in building high quality, traditional residential properties with a stylish finish. A family owned business, still chaired by owner Fred Story, we have been recognised by both the industry and our customers for our 5 Star approach to quality homes.
The amount of new homes we have delivered has nearly doubled in the last 3 years. We are well known in the North West and are striving towards our ambitions to become a national house builder in the future. As our business continues to grow, we want to ensure that we are recruiting new talent into the business and we are proud to be promoting our 2017 graduate positions at our regional office in Chorley on the 11th September 2017.
Looking to build skills that will last you a lifetime? Do you want to join a team of exceptional people in a business that is going places? We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor (QS) to join our Commercial Team based in Chorley on our 2 year graduate scheme. The team pride themselves on their ability to deliver sites where our customers aspire to live.
As a Graduate QS you will assist in the following in line with the business
- Identify and assess subcontractor requirements for successful delivery of our developments
- Provide effective budget management to deliver best value and maximise our profits
- Ensure smooth delivery of our developments by maintaining strong working relationships with the project team
- Effectively plan and manage time to ensure budget delivery and accurate subcontractor payments
- Contribute towards the completion of the Cost, Value and Reconciliation process (CVR's)
- Negotiate to ensure that all contracts give the best possible value and limit the impact of cost variances to our developments
- A degree in Quantity Surveying is ideal but we would also consider people who would be keen to cross train from an analytical background such as Maths, Physics or Economics.
- Your understanding of the role and a passion for house building is as important as your academics
- Any work experience in the sector would be advantageous but not essential
- Driving Licence
- Ideal personality traits include good time management, negotiation skills, ability to prioritise, willingness to learn, tenacity, and strong stakeholder management
Your Salary and Benefits
- Support and mentoring from our team of Commercial experts
- Starting salary of £21k
- Bonus of up to 25%
- Health care
- Professional subscriptions
Story Homes offers something truly exceptional - as an employer we really could be the perfect first chapter in Your Story.
To apply, please click "Apply Now" and include a brief cover letter including the following answers: What is it about Story Homes that appeals to you? and What skills and attributes you can bring to this position and company?