Document Proof Reader
7 days left
- Full Time
A leading international law firm are looking to hire a document proof reader for their fantastic office based in Canary Wharf. This is an 11 month fixed term contract covering their night shift so previous experience within a night shift would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in a professional services environment, prior experience of proof reading would be needed and DP work experience would be advantageous, as well as an in-depth knowledge of a range of IT programmes including Microsoft Office packages.
- Reading documents against drafts to ensure accuracy
- Performing text to text comparisons
- Reading and checking documents for typos, grammar sense and consistency
- Performing other duties as required such as cross referencing and definition checks
- Experience of proof reading or document examining within a legal or professional services environment is desirable however a similar role within publishing, academia is also relevant
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage time frames effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Willingness and ability to contribute and offer ideas and suggestions when appropriate
To apply, please click on the button and send your Cover Note/CV with your contact details to Michelle Gager.
**For our application policy please view Career Legal's company information page on our website. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is celebrating its 24th successive year in legal recruiting for the legal community across London and throughout the UK. Specific legal divisions cover full spectrum of legal recruitment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis. Specialist Legal Recruitment consultants with many years proven experience cover Legal Professional Services, Legal Business Support and Legal Office Support areas. Career Legal is known for being the legal recruiter of choice for: Lawyers, Legal Risk & Compliance, Legal Patent & Trademark, Legal Accounting, Legal Human Resources, Legal Marketing & Business Development, Legal Facilities Management, Paralegal, Legal DP & Creative Services, Legal Facilities & Office Support, Front of House and Legal Secretarial Personnel including Legal PA’s.