Principal Engineer, Engine Performance development
A Principal Engineer in Engine Performance Development with 10 years + relevant experience in diesel engine performance development within an OEM, Tier 1 supplier or Consultancy is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading international automotive, aerospace and defence technology company based in West Sussex.
The role is offering a salary of up to £60,000 per annum based on experience.
Our client is a global world-class, multi-industry consultancy for engineering, technology, project innovation and strategy. With a century of delivering value, our client employs over 2200 professional consultants, engineers and professional support functions world-wide.
- Engine performance strategy definition and development
- Engine combustion system and air path development (simulation, testbed and where appropriate, vehicle)
- Development of base engine performance
- Engine aftertreatment development
- The candidate will also demonstrate diligence, professionalism, a focus on delivery and the ability lead effectively in a team environment.
- The role will also include the preparation and presentation of commercial proposals to prospective customers.
Skills / Experience Required
- An Engineering Degree and more than 10 years relevant experience with proven expertise in diesel engine performance development within an OEM, Tier 1 supplier or Consultancy.
- Fundamentals of diesel combustion and emissions formation in industrial applications
- Combustion system specification for industrial diesel engines - ideally of all sizes ranging from Heavy Duty Diesel (HDD) through to medium speed/large engines
- Base engine performance and emissions hardware development
- Key diesel engine technologies, including boosting systems (turbochargers and superchargers), EGR, fuel systems, variable valvetrains and aftertreatment.
- Specification and interpretation of engine simulation studies (1-D and 3-D).
- Knowledge of heavy duty gaseous fuel combustion systems would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills are expected as the role will be significantly customer facing (internal and external customers). The candidate will be expected to liaise with customers on a regular basis and present the technical status of their projects.
- A certain amount of business travel can be expected including customer meetings occasional on-site development support.
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information please contact James Laver on +44 (0) or email
Keywords: Performance Development, Simulation, CFD, CAE, base engine, diesel, powertrain, calibration and OEM, 1-D, 3-D.