This Oxford University spin-out company are breaking new ground in the world of energy. Recently established, they are now embarking on an ambitious and inventive two-year project to roll out new energy products, bring them to market and test their success in the field. They recently received venture funding and a UK grant from Innovate UK to pursue this exciting program.
They are now looking for a Project Assistant to join their growing team of engineers and academics in Oxford on a three-month placement basis, with real potential to become permanent. Ideally you will have a science or engineering degree and be passionate about the energy sector.
In this Project Assistant graduate job, you will dive straight in to assist the running of the project, with no two days being the same. You will be solving a range of project challenges from prototype to production, as well as getting involved with elements of market research and data analysis. This is an unrivalled opportunity to work on diverse technical challenges within the energy sector.
Please note: this role will initially be on a three-month placement basis with huge scope to move into a permanent position.
In this Project Assistant graduate job, you can expect the following tasks:
- Analysing how hundreds of intelligently controlled systems and associated software would operate
- Tackling logistical challenges, including electronical and mechanical design challenges
- Planning installation of systems within homes, on a large scale
- Conducting market research to understand the size of the market and opportunity to shape approach
What we're looking for?
- A 2:1 or above from a top university
- A degree in engineering, computer science or a science subject
- Any experience in project based work would be beneficial
- Highly organised, analytical and logical
- A self-starter who is ready to get stuck in from day one
- A real passion for the energy industry and a desire to learn more
What's on offer?
- The chance to build an ambitious energy project from the ground up
- The opportunity to work with top academics and Oxford University alumni
- A scope for the role to become a permanent position for the duration of the project
Looking for Project Management graduate jobs? Waste no time and apply for this graduate Project Assistant placement in Oxford today!