Landfill Gas Resource Manager
Do you have proven experience within landfill gas operation? If so, our client are recruiting and want to hear from you!
Our Client is one of the UK`s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, our client puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work with our client. They are at the forefront of the UK`s green economy and are one of the UK`s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. They use smart people and smart technology to deliver their vision, bringing people together to give the world`s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth they now have a fantastic opportunity available for a F Landfill Gas Resource Manager to join the team in Taunton
What will I be responsible for?
They are looking for a Landfill Gas Resource Manager to manage a regional team of technicians responsible for optimising our clients landfill gas (LFG) resource for regulatory compliance and for commercial benefit through power generation. Your responsibilities will include:
• To lead a team responsible for monitoring, balancing and operating gas collection systems and associated control and utilisation equipment to optimise and maximise landfill gas yields for power generation and regulatory compliance in line with Environment Permits and the Company`s Gas Management Plan.
• To ensure that all in house and externally contracted landfill gas monitoring is undertaken in a timely manner
• To ensure the implementation of operational procedures, processes and action plans so that risks
• Responsible for undertaking forecasts of LFG yields for power generation, and financial forecasts of P&L spend to feed into budget processes, financial forecasting, and reporting (such as Pollution Inventory).
• To act as `Client` for all major maintenance and Capital projects on gas collection systems
• To work closely with colleagues in the Landfill Energy business (in particular the Leachate Manager) to optimise the management of leachate from operational and closed landfill sites
• To manage a call out rota to provide cover for work that is required at the weekends, and outside of normal working hours.
• To provide clear leadership to the team, developing a positive culture with an emphasis on personal development including the formation of a clear succession plan for all levels within the team.
• To carry out annual and timely Performance Appraisal Reviews (PARs) of all direct reports and ensure that PARs are carried out throughout the team.
• High level liaison with the regulator at a national level representing the Company and driving forward and developing best practice and `better` regulation.
Who are they looking for?
Their ideal Landfill Gas Resource Manager:
• An excellent technical and conceptual understanding of landfill engineering, including containment engineering, LFG and leachate engineering, of LFG management and control. Including infrastructure design and installation
• An excellent understanding of the environmental and regulatory risks associated with landfill management
• Knowledge of corporate financial systems and capital expenditure management and contractor management
• Proven track record of the successful compliance management and optimisation of LFG collection and control
• Proven track record of analysing asset and process data, and KPIs, to optimise performance and efficiency
• Experience in practical finance management (P&L and Capital), and finance systems
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or qualified by extensive experience
• Full driving licence
You Will Receive
In return for your hard work as a Landfill Gas Resource Manager, they can offer a salary of £35,000 - £45,000 and an attractive benefits package, Company Car, laptop, mobile phone. You`ll have the opportunity of working for a Company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in the role of Landfill Gas Resource Manager, we want to hear from you! Please click APPLY to register your interest.
Closing Date: 15th May 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.