International Business Development Manager
International Sales Consultant - Schools, Education Technology
West London with options to be part home based
Our client has achieved rapid growth of international sales in recent years and we are recruiting to drive continued growth in 2016 and beyond. The International Sales Consultant role is focussed on increasing market share of international schools, as well as working with existing customers to increase their use of our client's assessment portfolio.
The role will initially involve both direct sales activities, analysis of market data to support strategic business development activities, extensive customer interactions, close collaboration with colleagues from other departments as well as accurate reporting and forecasting of sales activities. The successful candidate should be confident to present to a variety of audiences, as well as having strong solution selling skills.
The role will be London based, however it is expected that there will be regular travel to attend conferences and visit schools in target regions.
Opportunity to be part home based as well, depending on your location.
There will be opportunities for career progression, as well as having direct involvement with the development of the international strategy.
The International Sales Consultant role:
The key responsibilities will include but not be limited to the list below, and are likely to evolve with business needs:
- Maintain excellent product and market knowledge to enable successful business development activities
- Actively engage with customers to sell products/services through a variety of channels (to include: phone/web/email/face-face/presentations)
- Relationship building both with new and existing customers
- Identify new opportunities for growing international business
- Accurately maintain customer details and sales activities through internal CRM and processes
- Collaborating with colleagues from across the business to support new business growth and maintenance of existing accounts
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Feedback of market intelligence/customer activity to support wider business activities
- Setting up workshops for teachers and principals and educating them on assessments
- Attending conferences
- Creating advocates for case studies and getting keynote speakers on board
The ideal International Sales Consultant:
- Ideally has worked as a teacher and has experience in a consultative sales role
- Understanding of assessments in schools
- International sales experience, adaptable and resilient nature
- Proven track record of new business development and growing accounts
- Excellent communication skills - both written and spoken
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Results focused and reliable
- Adaptive and able to solve problems
- Ability to think creatively
- High level of IT skills (specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
What's in it for you?
- Salary £30k - £38k basic doe
- Bonus OTE £15k + uncapped
- International travel
- Flexible working options
- Lieu time allowance
- Good benefits
- Excellent team environment
- Varied role
- Part home based option available depending on location