5 days left
- Full Time
Key Responsibilities / Objectives
Based in Stevenage, this is an excellent opportunity to join an excellent local employer and an expanding team. The main payroll responsibilities are to complete payroll from starters to BACS with sickness, overtime, salary changes in between.
The successful candidate will have experience of running multiple payrolls each month, working with TUPE contracts and a good knowledge of PAYE and NIC legislation with proven experience of maintaining successful relationships with HR and the wider business.
- Understanding of payroll legislation, including SSP and SMP
- Current payroll experience
- Capable of working in a busy Monthly paid payroll department
- The job is to process around 1000 staff per month (increasing)
- Starters and leavers
- Tax & National Insurance Calculations (understanding how a payslip is put together)
- Pension information including AE
- Setting up Expenses accounts and answering queries from staff
- Producing reports for Directors & Managers
- Dealing with external agencies
To pay every employee the right amount of salary, on the right day
Provide first class customer service to the business
Work in partnership with the Group and local HR teams to ensure the payroll is accurate and that all queries are resolved effectively
Attend to queries raised by staff and, where possible, advise staff how to resolve queries for themselves.