Group Financial Analyst
A leading Plc is looking for qualified accountants to join their Group Finance team in their Head Office in London
The Client- A leading international infrastructure business
The role- The client is looking for candidates, either newly qualified or a number of years post qualification experience. Construction sector knowledge would be beneficial. Key responsibilities include the below and can be focused on either the consolidations side, financial analysis, or a mixture of both:
Consolidation Process support
- Provision of review and analysis to ensure accurate reporting of Group results.
- Review and critically challenge financial and operational performance reporting, historical and forecasted, including revenue, cash performance, debtors and capital expenditure. Analyse causes and implications of variances to ensure accuracy of group reporting.
- Liaise closely with the Group Consolidation Controller and the Head of FP&A to provide a comprehensive decision-support report / service, including the provision of financial information and analysis to the Group Executive and the Board.
- Provide ad hoc support to the Group Consolidation Controller and Group Financial Controller to ensure monthly financial reporting is completed on time and as accurately as possible, with the provision of additional reporting as considered necessary from time to time.
- Analyse all aspects of the annual budgeting and medium term planning processes, ongoing liaison with Divisional financial analysts and execution of the Group budgeting review process.
- Maintain and enhance financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and operational models and streamlining processes where applicable.
- Completion of timely and robust forecasts to facilitate decision making. Ensure that financial forecasting by the local finance teams is complete, on-time and accurately reflect trends, anticipates challenges and mitigates risks.
- Provide challenge to Divisions during the medium term planning and annual budgeting process to ensure that the relevant business information has been taken into account, and that reasons for variances are fully documented, including implications for the balance sheet and cash flow.
- Perform reviews of project performance, critically challenging assumptions and ensuring key judgments are well understood and in line with accepted practice / Group accounting policies
- Provide ad hoc support to the Head of FP&A and the Heads of both Investor Relations and Strategy through financial analysis of analyst notes, on both Balfour Beatty and competitors, and comparison of performance against market metrics/indices
- Business Degree, ACA or relevant post-graduate qualification.
- Expert ability in Excel in relation to data manipulation and reporting (on-the-job training is provided but a high core competence is a significant advantage).
- An ability to understand, interpret and analyse financial and non-financial information.
- Very strong analytical capability and excellent business writing skills.
- A proactive, self-starter, with natural intelligence, who enjoys taking on responsibility
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment but willing to act on own initiative.
- Ability to influence and persuade.
- Drive, attention to detail and a 'can-do’ attitude.
- Confidence in interactions with senior management.
- Well organised and structured thinker.