Purchase Ledger Clerk
7 days left
- Full Time
As a Purchase Ledger specialist, you’ll oversee all purchases made by the business.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the Purchase Ledger role generally assists the accounts department as necessary, providing any information required by your manager and the wider business.
The Purchase Ledger clerk must ensure that all invoices are allocated and coded to the correct department, and accuracy is imperative.Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Purchase Ledger role is responsible for preparing BACS payments, generating coding and checking invoices, reconciling statements and dealing with all purchase enquiries.
The Purchase Ledger clerk will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Process a high volume of invoices (up to 250 per week), reconciling purchase orders to invoices received
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Assist in the preparation of purchase summaries
- Preparing and scheduling supplier payment runs
- Resolving any supplier/invoice queries
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Accounts Payable experience
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
- Good team working skills
- High level of accuracy
- An aptitude for IT – knowledge of software packages like Excel & Sage 200