Food Technical Specifications / Technologist Manager
Food Technical Specifications / Technologist Manager / Senior Food Technologist - Ingredients, Artwork, Recipes, Quantities, NPD, Commercials, Quality.......
Our client is extremely passionate about making the finest pies and sourcing the finest ingredients that go into making them so exceptionally great
Right now they're looking to add to their outstanding Technical team, and are on the hunt for a really talented Technical Specifications / Technologist Manager / Senor Food Technologist (office based, not factory based) to join them at their thriving Northamptonshire manufacturing facility involved in; Ingredients, Artwork, Recipes, Quantities, NPD, Commercials, Quality.......
What you'll be doing in this role
In this role, you'll be responsible for all things technical / technology process related including; ingredients, recipes, artwork, labelling, quantities, NPD, commercials, development & more, making sure these key areas of the business adhere to our clients super high standards. You'll have overall responsibility for the specifications approval and for any future continuous improvement, making sure that all final product ranges always meet the companies safety, quality and consistency specifications. and expectations, setting the standard within the market place.
You'll be working closely with people in the Technical team, and outside the business too (suppliers), to further define the businesses technical, quality, environmental and trading policies
As an Technial Specifications / Technologist expert, you'll be the first point of contact for any Process, Specification Writing, Artwork, Labelling, Recipes, Ingredients, Quantities Control, NPD, Commercial Development functions
The role will also include some specific project responsibilities, which will be decided later based on the business needs
Ideally you'll possess the following:
Previous extensive food industry experience (or some commercial food experience & a recent graduate would be considered) as an Technical Specifications Manager, Specifications Writer, Ingredient Technologist, Senior Food Technologist or Technical Process Manager, or someone who has been busy building up their technical skills by working within a fast paced food manufacturering business. Our client is also keen to hire someone with strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills at all levels.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A food or science/engineering/life science degree or time served in a Technical / Technologist role
- Previous experience in a food technical role, being accountable for quality, food safety, legality and sustainability of either raw materials or finished products (if you've already cut your teeth in the cooked meat sector that would be beneficial).
- Solid HACCP / NPD / GMP / Quality & Technical knowledge as well as strong Management skills
- Strong skills within product artwork / product labelling
- Strong organisational skills and critical thinking - experience dealing with different and conflicting priorities would be ideal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - we work with a lot of numbers, so you'll need to be comfortable manipulating and analysing data in our systems, including Excel
- Clear communicator - ability to translate complex things into a simple and clear messages for a variety of stakeholders
- Flexibility and commitment - you'll need to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into a variety of jobs as part of the Fruit Technical team, and we'll expect you to approach every task with the same enthusiasm and commitment.
The key five qualities for this role are; technically trained, quality focused, commercial acumen, strong BRC standards knowledge and passionate.
PMP Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.