Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Oil, Gas, Power, LNG etc. based in Central London. The business continues to grow, and develop into exciting new products; offering new employees a very entrepreneurial, fast paced and changing environment to work in.
- Check of Trader Deal Sheets against the system of record to ensure accuracy of the deal capture.
- Reconcile all Broker Recaps against the system of record to ensure accuracy.
- Draft (whether automatically through STP tools or manually) and ensure timely dispatch of all Counterparty Confirmations.
- Receive and reconcile all Counterparty Confirmations.
- Chase outstanding and overdue Recaps and Confirmations to ensure receipt.
- Monitor electronic Confirmations (both Broker and Counterparty) for failures and resolve through to successful match.
- Ensure compliance always with the relevant policies and audit Controls.
- Handling any other ad hoc Confirmation requirements, requests, and queries as required.
- Provide training as required to new staff members.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Previous working knowledge of gas/power/emissions/derivatives trading and Confirmations essential.
- Ability to absorb technical information quickly and apply the information effectively in practice.
- Experience of writing and maintaining internal procedural documentation.
- Experience of referring to an ETRM system for deal verification purposes.
- Extreme attention to accuracy, detail, presentation, and timeliness of delivery.
- Ability to prioritise workload and deliver against tight deadlines.
- A proven team player.
- A flexible approach and a commercial orientation.
- Ability to develop and maintain ongoing working relationships, networks, and partnerships to help achieve business goals through others.
- Proficient with the use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.