Graduate Technical Design Scheme - Story Homes
Story Homes has 30 years of experience in building high quality, traditional residential properties with a stylish finish. A family owned business, still chaired by owner Fred Story, we have been recognised by both the industry and our customers for our 5 Star approach to quality homes.
The amount of new homes we have delivered has nearly doubled in the last 3 years. We are well known in the North West and are striving towards our ambitions to become a national house builder in the future. As our business continues to grow, we want to ensure that we are recruiting new talent into the business and we are proud to be promoting our 2017 graduate positions at our regional office in Chorley on the 11th September 2017.
Looking to build skills that will last you a lifetime? Do you want to join a team of exceptional people in a business that is going places? We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Graduate to join our Technical Team based in Chorley. The team pride themselves on their ability to deliver sites where our customers aspire to live.
As a Technical Design Graduate you will assist in:
- Source and produce architectural design drawings
- Liaise with external design consultants and internal colleagues to produce site layouts for future developments
- Negotiate with statutory bodies for the approval of detail designs
- Coordinate and input into project team meetings to ensure the delivery of high quality homes
- Produce health and safety files for pre-start meetings and maintain and track all relevant design drawings
- A degree in Architectural Technology, Architecture, Project management or someone with a background who has a flair and interest in design
- AutoCAD or Photoshop desirable but not essential
- Your understanding of the role and a passion for house building is as important as your academics
- Any work experience in the sector would be advantageous but not essential
- Driving Licence would be desirable but not essential
- Ideal personality traits include enthusiasm, tenacity, lateral thinking, problem solving, negotiation and strong team mentality
Your Salary and Benefits
- Support and mentoring from our team of Commercial experts
- Starting salary of £21k
- Bonus of up to 25%
- Health care
- Professional subscriptions
Story Homes offers something truly exceptional - as an employer we really could be the perfect first chapter in Your Story.
To apply, please click 'Apply Now' and include a cover letter that includes the following answers: What is it about Story Homes that appeals to you? and What skills and attributes you can bring to this position and company?