Home Manager - Dementia Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
Home Manager - RGN
Eclypse Recruitment are currently looking to recruit an experienced Home Manager for a Home Manager position within an elderly nursing home in Basingstoke.
This home is a specialist care centre for people with dementia, situated in a semi-rural location at Park Pruitt on the outskirts of Basingstoke. The single storey home was purpose built in 1995, following consultation with the Alzheimer's Disease Society and comprises a central arcade area, where all residents can wander safely and four small living units each with only 6 single bedrooms.
Our philosophy is to see beyond the illness recognising the wider needs of the individual and with their family actively contributing towards the planning of care. Activities are an important part of life both inside and outside the home.
We use a person centred approach to care in which every resident has a named carer and is offered high levels of support on an individual basis. We also have a family support group which meets regularly.
This home is registered to provide long and short stay dementia nursing care for the elderly.
Essentials Skills & Duties of a Home Manager:
- Valid NMC Pin is essential and a good working knowledge of CQC standards, NMC guidelines and the Health and Social Act 2008;
- Play an important part in developing and implementing evidence based individualised care packages, therapeutic interventions, and individualised activity programmes;
- Leading and supervising the support and nursing teams to deliver the highest standards of person centred care using clinical governance and their own personal development;
- You will be familiar in areas concerning sickness management, staff training and development, and coaching and mentoring. You will have an effective way of communicating with your team;
- Be able to communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, good interpersonal and working relationship skills are essential;
- Have a good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs, of service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment;
- Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are met, (washing, dressing, bathing, using the toilet);
- It is essential to be Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues.
Although this is not a complete list, this client offers comprehensive training to their qualified employees via their Learning & Development Academy. The CPD of their Home Managers is recognised as extremely important, and plays a vital role to further enhancements for the care they deliver. This client firmly believes that motivated and committed Home Manager will represent a great strength in delivering the success of the business.
- Full paid induction programme
- DBS check
- Paid annual leave
- Child care vouchers
- Quarterly incentive scheme
- Pension scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Work towards a QCF qualification
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £600)
- Excellent rates of pay
For more information on this position or to apply please contact Chloe at Eclypse Recruitment on or email
Alternatively, click APPLY now!
Home Manager - Dementia Specialist, Home Manager - Dementia Specialist, Home Manager - Dementia Specialist medical and nursing, medical and nursing, medical and nursing