The Foundation and No Limits Programme:
Commercial Foundations CIC was formed in October 2014. Our clear social mission is to support some of the most disadvantaged young people to become work ready and self-sufficient, leading to lasting positive social impact.
As part of Commercial’s supply chain Commercial Foundations tap into the skills, customers and specialist expertise of Commercial Group to support young people and we hope to raise the aspiration of the business world to follow.
Whilst developing a 12 week no limits programme with fantastic outcomes and success rates of 86%, Commercial Foundations CIC is building a number of income streams and work experience opportunities under the brand WEDO. The aim is to be self-sustaining enterprise by the end of 2018.
WE DO Print was the first business unit in the social enterprise family. WE Do Print is a copy shop providing digital, branded merchandise and 3D Solutions. WE DO IT, most recently formed, provides a recycling and reselling service of used IT equipment which has been upgraded and donated by Commercial, their customers and suppliers.
• Sales Ledger - To ensure all Production orders are correctly invoiced, deal with queries, raise credit notes where appropriate and to chase outstanding debt on a timely basis. To build up a good working relationships with customers, ensuring that invoices are correct and paid on time.
• Purchase Ledger - To ensure all purchase invoices are correct and matched with a Purhcase Order, to pay suppliers on time and to work with suppliers to ensure we achieve the best possible price.
• Cash and Banking - to monitor cash flow in and out of the bank, making sure liquidity remains positive. To be responsible for petty cash , ensuring that it is correctly accounted for.
• To help produce and review the Profit and Loss Statement for the business on a monthly basis, ensuring the accounting records of the business are correct.
• To help produce forecasts / budgets with the Foundation manager to aid planning and strategic direction of the Foundation.
• To ensure system intergrity and that the system accounting records are accurate.
• To work with the Purchasing team of Commercial Group, ensuring good and clear working relationships between the businesses.
• To work with the Accounting team at Commercial, building good working relationships and tackling issues on a timely baisis.
• To help complete the VAT returns and Annual statutory accounts.
• To help the Business Manager in providing them with usefull information on a timely basis.
• To develop procedures and best practise to ensure that the administration is accruate.
Working with Young People:
• The role will involce working closley with the Young People of the foundation, in terms of:
- Helping them understand finance administration
- To be understanding and offering advice
Who we are looking for:
• The ideal candidate will have previous administration experience within a Finance Department
• Educated to a minimum of GSCE level (or equivalent) including passes in both Maths and English
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel
• Self motivated
• Innovative thinker with the ability to suggest and develop process improvements
• Excellent communication skills, including both written and verbal
• Competitive basic salary
• 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)
• We also offer other benefits including a Company contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and an employee support programme.
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday inclusive. However, overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business
• Regular travel between Gloucester and Cheltenham sites will be required, the successful candidate must therefore hold a full UK driving licence
• Applicants must be willing to be enhanced DBS checked