Adults Senior Social Worker, Two year Fixed Term Contract - Leatherhead
£39,270 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Fairmount House, Bull Hill, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7AH.
2 year Fixed Term Contract and is linked to specific project work; however we welcome part time applicants.
Flexible working supported where possible, laptop and mobile supplied. 24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
This post is eligible for our existing employee Refer a Friend Scheme. (Please note this link will only work for internal members of staff).
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
About the Role
Are you a qualified, HCPC registered social worker with at least 3 years post registration experience as a social worker in a social care or multi-agency community setting?
Do you excel in your profession and are you interested in the challenges of working in a busy, high volume, professional environment?
You will need to be motivated and flexible with high professional standards and sound knowledge and experience of current legislation and its application to practice in a social care setting.
An applied knowledge of The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act and experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries is essential alongside experience of working in complex situations using professional judgement and a range of interventions.
You will be able to communicate in a clear, fluent, concise and jargon free way and in a courteous, calm and professional manner.
You will have experience of, and be able to provide, professional, reflective supervision, guidance and advice to less experienced social workers, including those completing ASYE and social work students.
In return for all of your skills, enthusiasm and commitment we will support you to take your career to the next level.
We offer a competitive salary, opportunity for progression, excellent training including a thorough induction, essential training matrix linked to your role and professional development plans.
You will receive professional supervision and be working in a team of motivated, dedicated and friendly colleagues.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of working with young people and their families going through transition to adult services.
- Experience of supporting individuals and their representatives going through the NHS Continuing Healthcare referral, assessment and disputes processes.
- An ability to be accurate under pressure, with good written and communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel to where the young people are to support them through assessment processes. This will include travelling beyond Surrey when placed out of the county.
- A social work degree and HCPC registration
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 26 May 2017
Interviews will take place on 9th June 2017 at Fairmount House, Leatherhead
At Surrey we really value our staff and as part of this commitment we ensure all staff:
- Attend a full 3 week induction where you will undertake all the mandatory training you will need. This will include classroom training, e-learning and a range of work place shadowing opportunities.
- Receive an annual appraisal along with regular supervision sessions
- Are assigned a “buddy” to help you settle into your new role
- Are provided with a Practice, Performance and Personal Development folder to support your career development
- Have access to a wide range of training opportunities to help you develop yourself within the role
- Laptop and mobile phone provided to all Social Workers.
Please do not apply if you have been unsuccessful at interview stage previously for this role for any team across Adult Social Care in Surrey County Council as your application will not be considered for 3 months from your interview date.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.