Theatre Nurse- Scrub RGN/ODP
Salary: £26, 000 - £32,000 depending on experience
Hours - 37.5 p/w
We are currently recruiting for our client based in Birmingham; they are looking for an experienced Scrub Nurse or ODP. They are a specialist provider of ophthalmic services in the UK. My client brings together intensive research and medical expertise, state-of-the-art medical equipment and top ophthalmic surgeons renowned for their areas of expertise to offer the best clinical outcomes in laser vision correction, cataract removal, refractive lens exchange and cosmetic procedures, all carried out in ultra-clean, theatre environments.
Job Role: You will provide excellent care to all patients, with specific responsibility for pre-operative assessment, perioperative and post-operative care in the surgical and refractive suite of the hospital, which may include diagnostic testing and theatre scrub along with assisting with minor operations. In addition, you will work closely with clinical colleagues and the Patient Services Team to ensure a comprehensive and highly skilled level of patient-centred care is delivered to all ophthalmic patients within the hospital.
- Registered General Nurse or ODP
- Experience of working in a theatre as a scrub nurse or ODP
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Qualification in operating practice (useful but not essential)
- Ideally you will have experience working in ophthalmic surgery but this is not essential as training will be provided.
- Qualification in Ophthalmology or Peri operative care (desirable)
- Familiar with the relevant devices that are used within the theatre environment
- Significant general nursing experience in pre, post and peri-operative assessment and care
- It is essential that you have a flexible approach, enthusiasm, and be a strong team player and communicator.
- Above all, you must have a commitment to excellent patient care.
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications between £26,000 - £32,000
Keywords: Ophthalmic Surgery, Scrub Nurse, ODP, Theatre Nurse, West Yorkshire, Medical and Nursing, scrub nurse/ODP, Medical and Nursing
If you would like to apply for this post please call Rheann on or email
Hours: 37.5 per week predominantly Mon - Fri between the hours of 8am-6pm but must be flexible to work lates, additional hours and occasional Saturdays