Job Title - Management Accountant
Reporting to Finance Manager
Location - Leeds with requirement to travel to sites across the North East of England
Package - Up to £42,000 (depending on experience) + car and bonus
Exceptional prospects. Meaningful work. Superb benefits. Whatever you’re looking for in your next career move, there are all kinds of reasons to join Veolia. We’re an international business with a single vision to resource the world. And we’re achieving that by providing innovative solutions that help industries, cities and communities to use energy, water and waste more sustainably. It’s a huge operation, involving the talents of over 174,000 employees across a wide range of roles. But no matter what we do, we’re all united by a shared passion and ambition - to provide smart environmental solutions that make a real and lasting difference. Join us and you’ll play an important part in achieving our vision.
We are looking for an individual with the confidence to scrutinise and challenge data and decisions. The successful applicant will be a true business partner, capable of supporting the operational business at multiple sites across the North East. Critical to success will be spending time on site to understand the business strategy and challenges to ensure financial support is fit for purpose and in line with the wider Veolia strategy.
- The production of accurate monthly management accounts for P&Ls within the role-holder’s remit and reporting results and variances to Finance Manager
- The preparation of forecasts/budgets in liaison with Operations Managers, supporting/advising as required
- Business Partner for the Operations Managers
- Demonstrating strong Balance Sheet controls including preparation of control account reconciliations
- Ensuring that the business performance is correctly measured and accurately reported
- Providing support for Internal and External Audit
- Supporting any ad hoc project requests within the team
- Ensuring compliance with Accounting Standards and other specific internal and external guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- A fully qualified accountant with a recognised awarding body - CIMA, ACA, ACCA essential
- Experience of management accounting and influencing decisions within a large complex organisation. This includes close scrutiny of accounts and variance analysis on a regular basis.
- Individuals with strong systems knowledge are desirable however training will be given. Exposure to the following systems are highly desirable: SAP, BI or COGNOS
- Full driving licence with the willingness to travel to site regularly
- Business needs dictate that we require this individual in post by the end of June, we are therefore only able to consider applicants with a notice of 4 weeks or less.
Veolia recognises the positive value of inclusion and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.