Business Development Manager
5 days left
- Full Time
Our client is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their team. The territory in which you will look after is London. The ideal candidate would therefore live in or close to this territory. This is a full time, permanent position. The successful candidate will receive a salary £28,000 per annum + up to £30,000 performance related bonus & company car!
Our client has been established since 1995 and is the market leading provider of access solutions, particularly in the care market by introducing the concept of storing keys securely outside a property.
They are acknowledged as providing excellent service and excellent products. These assets combined with their outstanding team have been the cause of consistent sales growth and they are now looking to recruit a Business Development Manager into their Sales division.
As their Business Development Manager you will receive:
- £28,000 + up to £30,000 performance related bonus
- Company Car
- “London Weighting” maybe applied depending on location of residence
- Permanent and full time - Monday to Friday
- 22 days’ holiday plus public holidays
- Pension through auto-enrolment
The Business Development Manager will be the main interface with predominantly corporate and local authority clients who provide care and Telecare solutions for their clients. In addition, the BDM will be required to work with various other markets such as; Housing Associations, Health and Security, as well as identifying new markets. The BDM is to work with existing customers and make approaches to new customers to win new business. The role operates throughout a set geographical area.
This is a Field Based role with travelling to appointments, and therefore some time away from home will be required to deal with the geography, meetings at Head Office in Worcestershire and other training and events as required.
Key duties and responsibilities of their Business Development Manager include:
- Responsible for selling the company range of mechanical key safes into a wide spectrum of established markets and new markets
- Strategic and tactical business and territory planning including forecast tracking
- Maintain and develop a computerised system and prospect database (ACT)
- Make regular contact with existing customers
- Identify potential customers and make contact in order that a sales proposition can be made
- Respond and follow up sales enquiries received
- Collecting customer feedback and market research
- To attend or host any promotion events as required
- Conducting product and / or installation training for both existing and new customers
- Report on competitor activity
To become their Business Development Manager the following knowledge, skills, and qualifications are required:
- Must possess experience in generating new business and be capable of a consultative approach working with customer to sustain ongoing active relationships
- Proven experience of delivering against objectives and the provision of outstanding customer service and care
- Must possess an outstanding track record of sales success with evidence of that success
- Experience of B2B sales together with an understanding of the basics of sales, negotiation, customer relationship management and telephone sales
- Able to provide product technical advice
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Must possess a full and clean driving license
- Proactive and able to operate within a fast paced environment encompassing a can do attitude
- Able to work in cross functional teams
- Highly motivated, driven and enthusiastic
- Must be able to travel within the UK and ‘flex’ their working hours as required
- Strong project management skills
- Able to deal with shifting priorities together with the ability to adapt and change
- Must possess high level of integrity, commitment and flexibility
- IT literate with excellent organisational skills
- Excellent networking, prospecting and research skills
- Numerate and analytical with good budgetary control skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities
- A background in security would be an advantage but not essential
If you have the skills and experience required to become their Business Development Manager please ‘apply’ today and include details of your current remuneration package.
Previous applicants need not apply.