Personal Tax Semi Senior / Senior
The role sits in the North London office of this established Top 20 practice. In this role you will handle issues ranging from straightforward compliance to complicated tax planning.
The client is a top 20 accountancy practice with a national presence, having 15 offices across the UK. The firm is also part of a wider network of almost 50 practices. They have a very good reputation for winning quality work and punch above their weight in terms of their client portfolio. They are well known for providing good opportunities for promotion and assigning good quality and engaging work to team members of all levels. If you are ATT qualified you will be enrolled on a full CTA study programme and have full support throughout your studies.
There is a new opportunity for a Personal Tax Senior to provide personal tax compliance services to clients across a range of sectors. Your work will include a range of non-dom and residency related matters and also include clients across the construction and property industries.
This position would suit a confident communicator who enjoys client contact looking to join a friendly, well established tax team.
- Supporting the Personal Tax team in providing compliance and advisory services to a portfolio of clients.
- Inform client of tax liabilities
- Request tax return information from client and remind if needed
- Work through the information and assess the tax impact of each item
- Review returns produced and deal with outstanding points with junior staff
- Prepare and generate tax returns using tax software for more complex cases
- Liaise with HMRC on clients behalf
- Assist with client billing
- Coach junior staff on work delegated
- Attend client meetings with appropriate support
- Identify tax planning opportunities as appropriate
- Assist on tax consultancy, research projects and HMRC enquiries.
- ATT qualified with a minimum eighteen months practical experience of personal tax matters
- Competent user of MS Excel & Word
- Communication skills - confident, articulate and concise
- Organisational skills - able to plan and prioritise conflicting priorities
- Be positive
- £28,000 - £30,000
- North London
- Top 20 Practice