About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital in London is the largest independent hospital in the United Kingdom. It has an international reputation for outstanding care in areas of medicine including neuro-rehabilitation, neurosurgery, orthopaedics and many others.
If you are looking to be part of a world renowned private healthcare hospital, in a role that will be ever evolving, offering you a chance to showcase your talent and develop and learn new skills, joining the team at The Wellington Hospital could be right for you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Neuro psychologist to provide high quality assessments and behavioral interventions to inpatients and outpatients at The Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit. You will offer advice and consultation on patient's psychological care to other non-psychologists.
This is a full time role and the salary range is £43,608 to £ 49,808 per annum depending on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide specialist neuropsychological assessment, interpretation and cognitive rehabilitation to clients in the Unit, taking into account the highly complex psychological, biological, developmental, interpersonal, social and cultural contexts
- Contribute to the delivery and development of clinical services for individuals with acquired brain injury to promote and re-establish independence and psychological wellbeing
- Assess patients in coma, minimally aware state or post traumatic amnesia and advise the rehabilitation team on appropriate management
- Implement behavioural rehabilitation techniques for individuals and groups, drawing upon established therapeutic models
- Provide feedback to patient and family regarding neuropsychological assessment, results and diagnosis in a highly skilled and sensitive manner
- Communicating with patients through professional interpreters as required
- Provide neuropsychological education and supportive counselling to the patient and family to enhance positive coping strategies
- Working with patients with special physical or mental health needs
- Produce high quality neuropsychology and team reports in a timely manner to convey key findings of assessments along with the diagnosis, treatment, outcomes and recommendations
- Undertake risk assessment and risk management for relevant individual patients
- Participate in the development of the department's services, through research, service evaluation, and audit
Skills & Experience
- Professional qualification in Clinical Neuropsychology
- HCPC Registration
- Experience of working within an inpatient setting
- Commitment to effective team working
About The Individual
At the Wellington Hospital, we'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, life assurance and help to balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year. You'll also benefit from our flexible benefits scheme where you can sign up to other benefits, such as dental insurance, cycle scheme and discounted gym memberships. You will also receive regular training and coaching to support and develop you in your position.