Field Business Development Manager
Field Business Development Manager
Working for one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK
£65,000 - £80,000 OTE (£35,000 basic + commission + car allowance)
Paymentsense is an award winning, rapidly expanding sales organisation providing Chip & Pin services to SMEs. In the last 8 years we have gone from start up to the largest business of our type in the industry, and we're not finished there. Driven by a fantastic product, the latest technology and outstanding people, we've developed a business and a culture which matches the huge ambition of the business.
We have an opportunity for an ambitious and commercially minded Business Development Manager to join our Connect team. Connect is a division of Paymentsense, offering an integrated payments solution to the hospitality and retail trade. Connect creates a seamless link between the card machine and electronic point of sale system (EPoS) which improves staff efficiency and provides superfast reconciliation and better customer experience. This is an opportunity to join the fastest growing part of our business in a key development role focused on finding and creating new partnerships.
We're looking for an outstanding individual with experience in a fast-paced senior role in B2B sales with fantastic communication and presentation skills, and the ability to build long term relationships. You should be equally comfortable dealing with potential clients in person or over the phone. Most importantly you’ll be a self-starter who is motivated and tenacious, and can bring a decisive, positive approach to delivering results.This is a role with huge potential and unlimited growth prospects.
- Experience managing a sometimes lengthy sales process
- Strong strategic sales background and previous experience in cold calling
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Tenacious approach with ability to hear "no" many times before getting to "yes"
- Basic understanding of technology and ability to explain technical advantages at a high level
- Demonstrated success in high value B2B and/or partnership sales
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative, but able to work as part of a team
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Target driven
- A positive attitude and proactive nature
- Trustworthiness and discretion when handling confidential information
- A smart appearance and professional manner
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people
- Strong written and oral communication
- Ability to travel and handle in-person sales engagements
- Identification and pursuit of new partnership opportunities with EPoS providers throughout the UK and Ireland
- Sign new partners into referral partnership agreements
- Influence new partners to build a strategic partnership with the company to drive adoption amongst current and new customers
- Manage new partners through the onboarding process, including accreditation
- Collaborate with new partners to develop joint go-to-market plan for driving maximum merchant adoption
- Manage multi-step sales process with significant collaboration with other teams and team members throughout
- Utilise CRM system to maintain accurate prospect records and management of sales process
- Build strong rapport with potential new clients, to understand their objectives and issues they are facing as a business
- Write compelling proposals
- Establishing and maintaining key relationships
- Maintain a high degree of ethical behaviour in all aspects of daily business including relationships with prospect partners and co-workers
- Liaising with various parts of the business (i.e. Sales, Product Integration and Development teams, etc.)
- Credit & Debit Card Processor serving SME market (www.paymentsense.com).
- Fastest growing Merchant Acquiring business in the UK
- We sign up a new merchant every 7 minutes all across the UK and have the largest sales force in the industry
- Hugely ambitious business
- Intense but fun work culture
Why work for us?
We are a people focused company, so spend time making sure we have a great work culture, from beer Fridays to free yoga, excellent bonus schemes and extra holiday days. We win awards for what we do, and have people in the company progress from entry level roles to heads of departments.