Game Mathematician - Online Gaming - London Bridge
Game Mathematician to join our team in London Bridge. You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people, from artists and product owners to other game developers and testers.
What you will be working on Experience
As a Games Mathematician the main purpose of this role is to work with the product team to create maths models for gambling games (predominantly online and B2 & B3 category betting shop slots). This involves:
- Working within the Product department to brainstorm new game ideas.
- Assisting the in-house mathematicians and developers to create spreadsheets and bespoke coded tools to model the maths for these games.
- Playing and researching games.
- Creatively balancing the games to provide good gameplay experiences, to create profitable and successful slots, and to analyse statistically, categorise and verify the maths.
- Representing the mathematical creation and output for Ash Gaming games to various external companies and internal Playtech sister companies.
- Researching successful slot games, features and balances.
- Drawing conclusions from historical statistical analysis and supervising future analysis on slot statistics, profits, rankings and player behaviour.
- Proficiency in Excel formulae
- Degree in Maths / Maths-related degree / Programming Degree / or equivalent
- Good knowledge of probability and statistical modelling
- Familiarity with Monte Carlo methods and Markov Chains
- Experience in Agile development practices
- An interest in computer games
- Programming skills any of the following: C. C++, C# or Java would be a bonus
This is a great opportunity to join an agile and technical team. The team works on variety of different projects and two days are never the same.
A Bit About The Office
Playtech Casino’s fundamental approach is to deliver the highest quality gaming experience for the player whilst delivering a profitable game for our customers. We want our employees to enjoy their work and to develop their skills as much as possible, and we cultivate a company culture of working hard and playing hard. This positive, progressive attitude shows up in the final quality of everything we produce. In our London Bridge office, we have everything from an Xbox, Wii and VR to a pool table to inspire and encourage ideas through creative play.
Here at Playtech, we strive to constantly innovate - adding new applications and functionality to our already impressive product suite. You will find yourself working alongside some of the most talented professionals in the industry, with all of them consistently delivering quality work to ensure our brand remains at the forefront of the gaming industry.
Playtech is a leading software provider for online gaming operators and can be positively considered as one of the pioneers of the worldwide online and land-based gaming industry. Company's business portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including Bet365, William Hill, PaddyPower, Gala, Coral, Betclic, Winner, Betfair, Poker770, etc. Behind the eminent success of Playtech's products and services there are around 5,000 people located in 14 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies.
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants
Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act