Patient Support Nurse
PATIENT SUPPORT NURSE
PATIENT SUPPORT NURSE - DORCHESTER / PORTSMOUTH / WINCHESTER
EXCITING NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR A SUPPORT NURSE TO DELIVER A PATIENT SUPPORT PROGRAMME
Apodi is a high performance outsourcing organisation that identifies and implements innovative access strategies in order to ensure that appropriate medicines get to patients.
In an exciting new project we are now recruiting for a patient support nurse to work on behalf of our client covering the Dorchester area.
The purpose of this role is to deliver the patient support programme (PSP) for any patients who have given their consent and enrolled.
This will include -
- making scheduled face to face visits to carry out patient monitoring.
- delivering outbound calls in line with the PSP protocol
- contacting patients who have made inbound calls to the Apodi patient support hub with questions or queries.
As part of the PSP the nurse may deliver support and advice in a face to face manner through homecare visits as well as by telephone.
The key role responsibilities are:-
To work effectively as part of a team to deliver the patient support programme, including the provision of clinical reviews and patient education sessions.
Ensure that the programme complies with section 20 regulations of the Health and Social Care Act and ensure that:
- patients are treated with dignity, equality and respect.
- patients questions are answered and patients are given time to consider information
- patient information is kept confidential
- safe and effective clinical care is delivered
To develop and maintain a level of clinical knowledge to be competent and confident to deliver the specific Patient Support Programme.
- Pass validations assessments in specific clinical areas
- Demonstrate on-going continual professional development relating specifically to the programme.
Prior to the service:
- Support the Health solutions manager to ensure the Trust agreement has been correctly set up and signed.
- Ensure the Risk Assessment is completed prior to the service in line with CQC requirements.
- Work with the trust to ensure all protocols are in place for the safe and effective implementation of the PSP
Delivery of Patient Support Programme:
You will be responsible for the assessment of patients care needs and for the development, implementation and evaluation of the patient support programme.
You will deliver the patient support programme in line with all agreed protocols and schedules, which may include face to face meetings with patients as well as scheduled telephone support.
Education and Specialist Advice:
- You will work with the MDT to provide specialist expert advice so that patient care is delivered to the highest standard and in line with evidence based practice.
- You will collaborate with a team of healthcare professionals to share expertise and knowledge.
- You will act as a patient advocate.
- You will help the unit to design, develop and implement effective and safe protocols for the delivery therapy to appropriate patients.
- You will provide advice on the appropriate patient record keeping, management and follow-up as part of implementation.
You will ensure that all aspects of confidentiality are upheld in relation to patient/employee records in accordance with the Clinic’s data protection policies
You will only practice in line with Apodi Ltd and Trust guidelines.
- You will be available to deliver homecare support and monitoring to any patients who have been prescribed Zytiga in line with the Trusts Agreement
- You will create individualized care plans on each patient under their supervision and care and will record the patient’s response to treatment and medication
- You will watch and record the patient’s progress and be aware of the NMC’s Guidelines for Records and Record Keeping
- Within a system of case management, you will co-ordinate and monitor the progress of patient care and report variance appropriately
To be fully briefed & compliant in Adverse Event reporting. Ensure all Adverse Events are reported to the appropriate company within agreed timelines.
Create opportunities to develop the Patient Support Programme in other areas. Use locality information to decide on the best programme to deliver which integrates with existing services.
To ensure all administration completed in a timely and accurate manner and to provide on-going feedback. Requirements
Understanding of the evolving NHS environment.
Proven knowledge and experience of delivering patient care in the area of Urology and systemic anti- cancer treatments (SACT).
Highly computer literate.
Strong leadership qualities, good financial acumen, team player, high levels of flexibility.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
High levels of confidence, proactively and initiative.
A proven capability to work in a fast-moving environment, working to tight deadlines.
Confidence to deliver in an autonomous environment.
Qualifications & Experience
Current Registered General Nurse qualification, minimum of a Band 6 level, with specific and proven experience in Urology and systemic anti-cancer therapies.
Previous experience and evidence of success in a nursing function within the pharmaceutical Healthcare industry and extensive understanding of NHS and its objectives and targets.
Previous experience of working within a Haematological/oncology environment essential.
Previous homecare experience desirable.
Current full U.K Driving license with no more than 6 points and an ability to travel to clinics within an acceptable geography.