6 days left
- Full Time
About Kantar Media
Kantar Media is an exciting company with fantastic opportunities for those who relish a challenge. This is a great chance to join a company that works with a wide range of major players in the media industry.
Kantar Media operates several large scale syndicated media and product consumption surveys for clients operating in the media space. These clients include broadcasters, publishers and media agencies right through to pure play digital companies. We undertake surveys in the UK, across mainland Europe, in Ireland and in the US. We also have close links with TGI surveys in many other countries
We pride ourselves on delivering high quality, innovative data products. We work collaboratively with other Kantar operating brands to build joint products. Always interested in new approaches, we are keen to support experimentation and encourage our people to develop new skills and thinking.
We're looking to build our statistics function and we have a vacancy for an enthusiastic and commercially minded statistician. Our TGI consumer behaviour study sits at the heart of our UK business, and the challenge for this role is to deploy your statistical know-how to deliver high quality data outputs that power the commercial decisions of our clients. You'll work closely with other team members, including experienced statisticians, and will be supported with training and development activity to help you to fulfil your potential.
* Plan and perform statistical analyses including data fusion, segmentation and other multivariate techniques; create statistical outputs; perform quality control and interpret results. Working with the different teams across the business, your work supports our key products, including TGI, and you will play a key part in ensuring that the products are delivered to a high quality and to schedule.
* Contribute to the development of new products. Working alongside other team members you will from time-to-time be involved in the design and development of new solutions to meet the challenge of tomorrow's new products.
* There will be times when you will be called upon to attend client meetings with the client service executives, when more technical research or statistical expertise is required. In addition, you will be expected to explain your work to groups of people within the business in a clear, easily digestible format.
* Act as a trusted advisor to colleagues where statistical expertise is required, including survey sample design, weighting design, segmentations and fusions. This may include training the client-facing teams on statistical principles to ensure they have a basic understanding of how our data products can be used.
* Network with other statisticians across Kantar to ensure new learnings are shared and best practice is followed.
Candidate profile and capabilities:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics or related discipline
* Comprehensive knowledge of statistical methods and techniques, especially for multivariate analysis
* Proficient in the use of a statistical related package including SPSS or R
* Some experience of undertaking statistical related work desirable and preferably within the market research industry
* Programming skills (e.g. Python) would be an advantage
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Skilled in presenting complex subjects in a simple manner
* A pro-active self-starter with a positive, mature attitude
* Ability to work well under pressure and respond to deadlines
* Get on well with people at all levels and enjoy working as a team
Kantar is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.