Senior Quality Engineer - Electronics
7 days left
- Full Time
Senior Quality Engineer: A fantastic and new opportunity has become available at a prestigious manufacturing company based in Oxfordshire. The company are an electronics company who manufacture bespoke products for variety of industries including the oil and gas, marine and steel.
This company are currently looking to take on a Senior Quality Engineer. They are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced engineer who has had hands on experience within an electronics manufacturing or engineering company. Candidates need to demonstrate that they have been involved in continuous improvement and have used different lean manufacturing tools effectively. As a Senior Quality Engineer, you need to be a Qualified ISO9001 internal auditor. If as a Quality Engineer you have been involved in supplier audits or supplier visits you will be at an advantage.
The company can offer a Senior Quality Engineer the chance of progression and development within a successful manufacturing environment. This candidate would be working closely with the Quality Manager. This will give a Senior Quality Engineer the chance to learn new responsibilities and takeover his role when he is not available. As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will also be expected to pass on your experience and support the Quality Inspectors and Quality Engineer when required.
- Helping the Quality Manager maintain the companies QMS
- Leading / Participating in the company’s Internal and Supplier Audits (ISO 9001)
- Involvement in continuous improvement and process improvement
- Use and Implement lean manufacturing techniques including kaizen and six sigma
- When required, involved in problem solving (8D and 5S) and root cause analysis.
- Supplier visits if required.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Qualified auditor (ISO9001)
- Engineering Degree or similar e.g. HNC, NVQ or apprenticeship
- Electronics experience within Quality department
- Six Sigma (Green / Black belt) - desirable
- Supplier experience - desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem solver
- Good decision maker
- Work well with other members of staff
- Hands on
This role would suit a hardworking and knowledgeable Quality Engineer who is looking for the opportunity to progress within an established manufacturing environment. The company can offer an Engineer a starting salary of £36-£44K (dependant on experience) + company benefits.
If this specific vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for please contact us to discuss other opportunities we may be recruiting for that aren’t necessarily advertised; you can send your CV to this vacancy or contact us directly. Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.