Procurement Officer / Purchaser / Procurement Advisor / Buyer
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Glasgow, G51
Salary: £18,815 to £20,873 per annum
Job Type: 35 hours p/w or 17.5 hours p/w, Permanent
Closing Date: 5pm on Monday 22nd May 2017
Could you support positive change in people's lives?
The organisation is currently recruiting for Procurement Officers (Part Time and Full Time) to join the Glasgow Key Fund. The company is an independent Charity which delivers support services to vulnerable people helping them to adapt to change and to improve their quality of life.
Duties will include:
- Working with the company's Temporary Accommodation Teams to ensure that properties meet all standards and are ready to let when leases are exchanged.
- Working with the Glasgow Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme staff to procure appropriate properties for the service users of that service.
- Identifying properties that meet legislative, partner agency and the company's standards.
- Meeting targets for procurement that are set by senior management.
- Consistent adherence to all relevant policies and procedures ensuring best practice and legal compliance.
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Appropriate Housing qualification (or willingness to work towards) or SQA equivalent.
- Scottish National Standards for Information and Advice - Level 1 (or willing to work towards).
- Experience of working in the private and social rented sector.
- Knowledge of the private and social rented sector, legislation, policy and best practice.
- Knowledge of the welfare benefits system and tenancy related issues.
What they Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Excellent training opportunities
To apply for this role, please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the application form and pack.
Candidates with relevant experience or job titles of; Procurement Officer, Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Procurement Manager, Purchasing, Procurement Administrator, Procurement Executive, Procurement Operations, Assistant Procurement Executive, Procurement Admin, Engineering Procurement Officer, Engineering Procurement Advisor, Buyer, Purchaser, Housing Options Officer, Social Housing Advisor, Homelessness Officer, Housing Needs Officer, Housing Officer, Housing Support Officer, Housing Assistant, Housing Officer, Housing Services, Customer Housing Assistant, Social Housing Assistant, Supported Housing Officer, Social Housing Worker may also be considered for this role.