To undertake condition inspections and building surveys on a residential property portfolio, maintain a suitable inspection schedule and arrange and co-ordinate any necessary repairs required to ensure properties are maintained to a satisfactory condition.
Our client is based in Cardiff and is offering an exciting opportunity to a Property Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis
The Property Surveyor will;
- Undertake property condition inspections and building surveys in accordance with the Property Manager's instructions and standard approach.
- Prepare and maintain a suitable record of the inspection findings, and ensure that any follow-up actions are actioned within a reasonable timeframe. It is likely that regular overnight stays away from home may be required in order to complete the requisite number of inspections in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain a suitable inspection schedule to ensure all properties on the pipeline are visited and inspected within a reasonable timeframe.
- Maintain a suitable record of all repair requirements or specialist reports required following property inspections.
- Liaise with clients, building contractors, statutory authorities and appropriate agencies to ensure all necessary works required to maintain the property in an acceptable condition are completed.
- Ensure service levels are met by providing a timely and efficient, professional, enthusiastic and knowledgeable manner at all times.
- On an annual basis, assist in planning and managing the process to obtain inspections or valuations of the property portfolio and in coordinating the inspection results for consideration by senior management.
- Provide technical support to the customer service and administration teams in respect of technical property matters. Deliver training where appropriate, for example in response to common issues that emerge frequently.
- Recognise, recommend and where suitable implement improvements to Property procedures to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Division is maintained. Introduce, review and maintain departmental procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that all systems-based records are maintained in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of HL compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements, including, but not exhaustively, Data Protection, Money Laundering, Health & Safety, FSA, Employment and other legislative requirements (as applicable).
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Property Manager.
A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification in Building/Surveying is essential. The successful candidate will be encouraged to continue with their professional development. Financial support and study leave may be available.
A salary of £32,000 - £35,000 + car + study is on offer to the successful Property Surveyor