Peto Ltd has developed a serviced-technology to help NHS Trusts save money in purchasing medical supplies and commodity items. We have developed the Peto Process, supported by our own web-based Procurement Administration Database (PANDA), which delivers cost saving opportunities on multiple purchases. By applying our approach to many such items, which aggregate to millions of pounds in value, we can deliver hundreds of thousands of pounds of savings to the NHS Trust every year.
Peto has established two teams: (i) the Procurement Team delivering our services from both our NHS site(s) and Peto’s Shrewsbury office and (ii) the Back of House Team, based in the Shrewsbury office, and running company administration.
We are seeking a full-time Assistant Buyer to join our London Procurement Team.
Based onsite within the NHS Trust’s procurement department, you will assist Peto’s Senior Buyer and our offsite buying team and you will work with NHS Trust staff and external suppliers. You will support the daily flow of purchasing including: selecting purchasing requisitions; obtaining price quotations and creating purchase orders, reporting and other purchasing support. You will use software packages including: Oracle, Excel and Peto’s own cloud-based SQL database, PANDA.
- Use the Peto PANDA and Trust Oracle systems to select and process Requests for Quotations (RFQs)
- Liaise with suppliers over the telephone and via email to collect quotations
- Negotiate prices with suppliers
- Manage contact between suppliers and end users to answer product-specific questions
- Research alternative products and suppliers
- Conciliate and validate records, log savings and chase credit notes
- Archive correspondence in a structured, auditable manner
- Other buying and administrative support as may be necessary
- Interacting with other offices to share and collect information
- Periodic travel to other offices around the UK on occasion
- Line reporting to the Buyer/Requisition Manager
- Close liaison with the Trust buying team(s)
- Close liaison with the Peto Data Analyst
Qualifications and experience required
- Degree level
- Candidates may have one or two years of experience in post-degree work however recent graduates may be considered
- The ideal candidate may come from a procurement administration or customer service/ telemarketing background.
Desirable skills, competencies and personal attributes
- As you’ll be dealing with computer software and excel spreadsheets, a competent knowledge of computers is an absolute necessity
- Proficient in MS Office suite particularly Excel
- Capable of quickly learning and understanding different IT applications such as the NHS Trust’s Oracle and the Peto PANDA systems
- Commercially focussed, with good negotiating, influencing, strong numerical and analytical skills
- Process driven, accurate data-entry skills with strong attention to detail
- Good communicator and team player with good networking skills
- Able to work to targets, work under own initiative and to multi-task
Start date: ASAP
Please email your CV with a cover letter explaining why you are applying for the role and why you are our perfect candidate. (If you do not enclose a tailored cover letter, your application will not be considered).
Selected applicants will be invited to an interview in London
- Normal working hours: Thirty-seven and a half (37.5) hours per week, excluding breaks
- Overtime: is not paid, you will be expected to manage work assignments in order to complete your work within normal working hours
- Holiday entitlement: Twenty-eight (28) days per annum, including the statutory UK public holidays. The holiday year runs from 1 January to 31 December
- There is an opportunity for a performance bonus