Head of Financial Accounting
Head of Financial Accounting required for highly respected FTSE 250 company based in the City of London, paying £85,000-100,000 plus additional bonuses.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an elite company looking for the best candidates the industry has to offer. In return, a very attractive salary package, including a rewarding bonus scheme, a second-to-none job role with variety and a huge focus on further career development. For the right candidate this will prove to be a career changing opportunity.
- Big 4 ACA qualified with at least 5 years of post qualification experience.
- ACCA qualified candidates will be considered if coming from a listed company background and have significant relevant experience.
- Must be experienced working in an SAP based accounting system. Strong verbal, written and I.T. skills. Must have advanced knowledge and capabilities in Excel and relevant software
- Must be confident managing large teams of people, ideally across a range of geographical placements and comfortable collaborating in a intellectual and multinational environment
- Versed in analytical thinking and decision making
- Be a proactive, able manage multiple ongoing projects and meet appropriate deadlines. Have a solid appreciation of best best practice financial accounting standards, policies, processes and systems
- You will be responsible for the day to day management of the Financial Accounting team across several locations (London, Norway, Australia and Indonesia). The primary role of the team is to ensure financial transactions are recorded on an accurate and timely basis, which contributes to achieving the objectives of the Finance Operations group as a whole.
- In addition, while overseeing day to day operations you will work closely with the Director of Accounting Operations to drive continuous improvements for Record to Report (R2R) processes and the internal control environment.
Manage Financial Accounting team
- Leading an internationally dispersed team (currently 14 employees) whose main responsibility is ensuring timely and accurate accounting, primarily in the areas of employee costs, other operating expenses including foreign exchange, and balance sheet accounting.
On a monthly basis, take a leading role in managing the financial statement close process, including:
- Establishing month end deliverable dates
- Ensuring deadlines are achieved
- Reviewing significant journals prior to posting
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- Updating KPI's and addressing performance issues
- Analysing Foreign Exchange revaluation
- Analysing payroll related costs for accuracy and completeness
- Act as a primary contact for Business Unit finance teams
- Overseeing SAP R2R related Masterdata maintenance
Team management and development
- Foster an environment that aims to get the best out of the team. Recruiting the right people, motivating, coaching, and developing staff are key aspects of the role. This is exemplified by assisting staff to define career paths, providing continuous feedback, coaching and encouraging staff to achieve their best.
Continuous process improvement / Ad-hoc project work
- Take a leading role in ensuring best practice accounting processes are being followed consistently on a global basis in a SAP based ERP environment. This includes, but is not limited to, working with internal stakeholders to implement process improvements for central payments and banking, purchasing cards, concur expense recording, and external payroll interfaces.
For more information, please contact Amel Steel on /
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.