Head of Maintenance
Head of Maintenance
£60,000 per annum
Location Commutable from: Bromley, Dartford, Gravesend, Chatham, Rochester, Maidstone, Tonbridge, Ashford, Sevenoaks, Isle of Sheppey, Sidcup - Those looking to relocate will also be considered
As Head of Maintenance you will have a proven track record in leadership and management within Automotive, Food, FMCG or General Manufacturing environment. Experience of working in a J.I.T (Just In Time) environment is advantageous.
You will be able to evidence the following:
- Developed engineering culture, but experience of the transitional journey from Traditional Engineering Culture to a developed and Lean Culture.
- Be Fully conversant with CMMS systems and data capture analysis
- Management and control of Engineering Budgets
- Technically highly competent with Mechanical, Electrical and Control Technology (various PLC’s), HNC Mech. & Elect preferred
- Modern Collaborative Management style, ability to motivate, engage and develop individuals and teams
- Experienced with Factory Services and Infrastructure maintenance
The responsibilities of the Head of Maintenance will include the management of a team of 13 engineers potentially covering two sites, ensuring their development by managing the skills matrix and supporting the department to deliver a more effective engineering function.
Your key day to day duties as the Head of Maintenance will be:
- Operational performance of the Maintenance Department.
- Manage day to day the work load distribution or the engineer site services team and sub contract team
- Report to the Site Manager and ensure issues are communicated, priorities and
- This role is pivotal to the company and the management and implementation of an effective maintenance culture will be key this will be driven through your team with an effect change in culture.
- The natural course of action would be to carry out root cause analysis and providing preventive measures to stop recurrence.
- Implementation of a preventative maintenance strategy to ensure longevity and reliability of all the assets.
- Lead all projects
- CMMS data on a regular basis, looking for trends and identifying areas of improvement.
- Ensuring H&S standards are maintained and all related documentation is completed.
- Ensuring that the plant and company meet legislative requirement such as LEV, PAT, LOLER, Fixed Installation Testing etc. and for ensuring that remedial work is carried out.
My client is committed to improving their company’s process and therefore they are now looking for a Head of Maintenance to support the effective delivery of change.
In return you will be employed by one of the leading FMCG companies who are striving to become investors in people. They have an excellent succession and talent management policy in place.