Account Director for PR Agency with international travel!
A fun and dynamic PR (Public Relations) agency looking for an AD (Account Director) to join them initially on a 9 - 12 month contract basis. There is a very strong chance of this role becoming permanent.
The Account Director is responsible for leading media, sales and marketing relations activities for the consultancy’s clients - maximising media, tour operator and travel agency opportunities, and generating powerful ongoing relationships with the target press and relevant consumer brands. You will have responsibility to devise newsworthy campaigns and secure features in specific industry related press and ensure messages are delivered to the right targets at the right time and in the right way. You will also be in responsible for devising suitable campaigns with the trade and consumer brands that drive sales for their clients. This role is to develop strategies and activities for clients and oversee their execution, quality controlling all aspect of the client’s programme and relationship with the business.
- To provide senior-level management and day-to-day direction of accounts, including budgets and hours.
- Responsible for client servicing, planning and building long-term relationships with clients, stakeholders and the team for a portfolio of clients.
- Providing overarching strategic direction as well as tactical input into campaigns.
- Demonstrate proactivity to clients by spotting new opportunities make recommendations on additional work or projects and selling these into clients.
- To provide intelligent and well thought through counsel to clients on all aspects of their PR, sales & marketing campaigns, including crisis communications, manage expectation and satisfaction levels, regular progress updates.
- To act as the primary senior client contact across account portfolio, building lasting relationships and encouraging organic growth of accounts.
- To support Account Managers in problem shooting where necessary to achieve excellent results for clients.
- To plan and organise PR/Sales/Marketing activities across the team, ensuring timely completion of allocated tasks and projects, addressing any barriers or issues preventing completion. Accountable for resource and capacity planning across the team.
- To maintain the very best levels of client service and take responsibility for them including reporting, meetings and contract renewals and extensions
- Ensure clients receive value for money, and that their business as well as PR objectives are kept at front of mind throughout all campaign work
- Demonstrate strong media, brand and social media relationships by engaging and influencing stakeholders across the traditional and digital landscape to secure media coverage and other desired PR outcomes.
- To provide accurate and effective copywriting to appropriate deadlines, including messaging, media packs, by-line articles, white papers, blogs, releases etc.
- To support the Directors on new business efforts by writing and delivering proposals and presentations to prospects: demonstrate initiative by generating own business development programs which will feed into the growth of the business.
- To grow existing clients, identify opportunities and sell those into clients across portfolio and sales, PR, marketing disciplines.
- Working with the MD to actively identify and approach new business prospects, helping to achieve new business targets and goals.
- Ensure the efficient and profitable operation of your Account portfolio. Utilise time management information to manage team and business efficiently and profitably.
- P&L responsibility for your client portfolio.
- Compile budgets for your clients. Manage expenditure on a day-to-day basis to ensure that these limits are maintained generating maximum return.
- Work with the other Account Directors/Senior Account Managers on capacity planning to direct the resources within the total team in order to achieve agreed fee and handling charge targets, maintain high levels of client satisfaction and develop the full potential of accounts.
- Regularly report to the MD on the progress of accounts.
- Ensure that all client services procedures are followed including monthly reporting and client meetings.
- Ensure quality and value-add client service level by close management of hours in line with monthly deliverables.
- To liaise with third-party suppliers to deliver marketing services within budget and on time
Skills & Experience
- Media Relations - Conduct effective media calls and maintain and develop lasting relationships with media; can advise team on how best to approach media to secure results for clients
- Demonstrable relationships with national and trade media and travel trade
- Client Handling
- Experience of initiating, maximising and sustaining PR, Sales & Marketing plans with rigour and detail
- Strong evidence of turning ideas into plans, actions and results
- A creative thinker with first class planning and organisational skills
- New business - Demonstrate ability to lead pitches from initial brief to submission & presentation
- Ability to lead the preparation of proposals and presentations; and lead the actual presenting of them;
- Manage self and others - Excellent time management
This role is open immediately so please apply ASAP.