Business Advisory Client Manager - Maternity Cover
Change Public Practice are working with a leading independent Chartered Accountancy firm to assist them in the appointment of an Accounts Manager for a contract role lasting between 12 - 18 months. Part time options are also available and this role will be based in Glasgow.
This leading Scottish independent CA firm have a strong reputation in the market with third sector clients and have ambitious growth plans for the future. With this is mind, they have a maternity cover opportunity available which is a necessary appointment in order to keep in line with their growth plans over the coming years.
The successful person in this position will cover the following responsibilities:
· Manage a portfolio of clients; ensuring quality work is delivered on a time basis both internally and externally
· Manage work in progress and fees to assist in the development of a profitable business advisory team
· Take overall responsibility for managing all matters relating to the client
· Ensuring files are planned, completed and reviewed, on budget and in-line with business advisory procedures
· Achieve target turnaround times for client delivery, meeting all internal and external deadlines and maximising recoveries
· Ensure regular communications with client engagement partner on relevant matters regarding their clients
· Meet with clients when appropriate to discuss accounts, general ad-hoc queries etc.
· Provide proactive advice in relation to bookkeeping, tax compliance etc.
· Proactively carrying out technical research to enhance knowledge and assist clients
· Monitor work in progress on a regular basis and issue fees as appropriate
· Active involvement with the management group to implement and review the business advisory
· Work closely with the Partners and management team to maintain relationships with existing clients and contacts
· Actively being involved in training employees, including providing job feedback to them on a regular basis
· Candidates who are either Qualified By Experience or who hold a professional accountancy qualification i.e. ACCA or equivalent will be considered
· A strong background working within Public Practice is desirable
· Working with a client background in Public Sector, Commercial, Charity and other third sector clients industries would be advantageous
· Strong team management skills are essential in addition to being able to review work prepared by junior members of staff
Please note that this role would suit someone looking for a part-time contract position, ideally 3-4 days / 21-28 hours would work well.