Food & Beverage Supervisor
Are you experienced in supervising and leading a talented, enthusiastic, passionate team? Are you a team player with a desire to provide exceptional customer service to everyone you meet? Are you looking for working hours that don’t include late evenings and Christmas Day? If so this role could be for you.
What it’s like to work here:
This grand yet intimate family home is a treasure trove of rare artefacts, and we welcome people who can help bring The Vyne’s unique heritage to life. The property’s many attractions include a two-floor café housed in a 17th century brew house, second-hand bookshop and a working kitchen garden which provides delicious seasonal produce for visitors to purchase. You’ll need passion and commitment to work at this fascinating property, however the variety and challenge of being part of the team offers many rewards.
What you’ll be doing:
As Food & Beverage Supervisor you’ll lead a team of 8 to deliver exceptional standards and be customer focussed at all times. With your passion for food and ability to identify new income opportunities, you’ll work with the wider team to deliver an excellent experience for all our visitors at our special place. Through effective supervision and leadership you will motivate the team of staff and volunteers to work towards a culture of exceptional service and make it a great place to work.
Ensuring the team are competently trained and compliant with relevant legislation, you’ll also make sure every food and drink order is beautifully presented and served with a smile. You’ll work with your team to ensure the outlet is well presented and tables are cleared efficiently.
You’ll be proud to share our valuable work with our customers, and look to maximise sales with new ideas so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Who we’re looking for:
To be successful in this role you will work with and lead your team, to deliver exceptional customer service with our cause at the forefront of your mind:
You need to be;
- Customer focussed with great communication skills both verbal and written
- Passionate about food
- An inspirational leader with the ability to provide direction
- Proactive and flexible
And it will be helpful if you can demonstrate the following experience on your CV/application;
- Experience of working in a fast paced, catering environment delivering exceptional customer service
- Experience of supervising teams - rota’s, managing absence, giving feedback
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements including any qualifications
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking