Chair of Trustees
7 days left
- Part Time
About the organisation
The objective of the organisation is to provide a community transport service for the inhabitants of the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead and its neighbourhood who are in need of such a service because of age, sickness or disability (mental or physical), or poverty, or because of a lack of availability of adequate and safe public services.
People to Places provides the following services:
- Dial-a-Ride for individuals and community groups
- Shop mobility services in Windsor and Maidenhead town centres
- Community Transport services to residents and organisations within the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead
- Training services relating to community transport
About the role
The Chair of the Board of Trustees will be at the centre of a growing organisation with plenty of challenges, but also with a strong sense of doing something very tangible for the local community by improving peoples' lives, making them feel less isolated and treating them with dignity.
- Provides leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees and enables the Board to fulfil their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the organisation.
- Ensures that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document, charity law, company law and all other relevant legislation/regulations.
- Works in partnership with the General Manager and support the employees, helping them achieve the aims of the organisation; and to optimise the relationship between the Board of Trustees and the staff.
- Facilitates the Board of Trustees in stimulating excellent, well-rounded and carefully considered strategic decision-making.
- Acts as an advocate externally for the organisation and the issues concerning mobility/dignity and loneliness/isolation.
The Board meets at least 6 times a year plus the Annual General Meeting and any committee work, plus the Chair regularly meets the General Manager.
The personal attributes we are seeking include the following points:
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship and adhering to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Commitment to the charity’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- Good, independent judgement, political impartiality and the ability to think creatively in the context of the organisation and external environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to respect the confidences of colleagues.
- Balancing tact and diplomacy with willingness to challenge and constructively criticise.
- Prior experience of committee/Trustee work.
- Knowledge of the type of work undertaken by the organisation.
- A wider involvement with the voluntary sector.
- Experience of chairing meetings, committee work, some experience of charity finance, charity fundraising.
- Leadership skills exercised through a period change.
How to apply
All applications will be made to Reach in the first instance. To apply please send your CV and supporting statement that addresses the criteria in the Person Specification. Please also include your reasons and motivations for applying for this role. Please ensure your supporting statement provides concise and specific examples to demonstrate your competencies, achievements and skills addressing the criteria listed.
Apply for Chair of Trustees
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly