Trustee – Corporate and Business Relationships
About the organisation
Our centres believe that Every Woman Counts. We are here for all women, working to ensure that they can achieve their potential, develop their assets and skills and live safe, healthy and prosperous lives.
Our vision is that women, and their families, in the communities we serve are able to achieve their potential, develop their assets and skills and live safe, healthy and prosperous lives.
Lancashire Women's Centre are recruiting a Trustee with Corporate and Business Relationship experience to join their board!
- To assist the Board to develop a corporate relationship strategy and action and build links with companies and businesses in the North West to help achieve LWC’s Mission
- To ensure LWC’s corporate partnership strategy and practice is of the highest standard
This is a chance to make a big difference to the work of Lancashire Women’s Centre. The support of Trustees is very important to us in order for us to achieve our objectives. Trustee meetings are held every six weeks (up to 7 per year), with an exception that trustees will attend at least 5 per year (6:30 – 9:00 pm).
- A good understanding of business and companies and how they can support charitable activities.
- A good understanding of sponsorship and other resource generation opportunities and business development.
- Good experience and knowledge of corporate and business partnerships with charities and/or social enterprise business development background and/or having run a medium size business.
- An understanding of the challenges facing small to medium UK charities in making links with businesses and companies.
- Experience at senior level in the corporate sector and/or having run a successful business.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills.
- High level knowledge and contacts with North West companies and businesses
- Knowledge of the charity and voluntary sector and/or social enterprise.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, Companies House requirements, relevant legislations and statutory requirements
How to apply
All applications will be made to Reach TrusteeWorks in the first instance. Applications need to include both CV and cover letter.