7 days left
- Part Time
About the organisation
Our centres believe that Every Woman Counts. We are here for all women, working to ensure that they can achieve their potential, develop their assets and skills and live safe, healthy and prosperous lives.
Our vision is that women, and their families, in the communities we serve are able to achieve their potential, develop their assets and skills and live safe, healthy and prosperous lives.
About the role
Lancashire Women's Centre are recruiting a Treasurer to join their board!
- Monitor the financial standing of the charity and reports to the Board and CEO regarding cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the board of trustees at regular intervals
- Acts as a counter signatory on cheques and applications to funders and ensure that annual accounts are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely fashion
- Liaising with external auditors on financial issues and ensuring that the organsiation’s finances are responsibly managed/invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves
This is a chance to make a big difference to the work of Lancashire Women’s Centre. The support of Trustees is very important to us in order for us to achieve our objectives. Trustee meetings are held every six weeks (up to 7 per year), with an exception that trustees will attend at least 5 per year (6:30 – 9:00 pm).
- Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
- Competent use of IT skills.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of charity fundraising and finance practices.
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- Skills and experience in one or more areas of non-executive governance and management e.g. strategic planning, business management, financial/accountancy, understanding of HR issues, experience of Trusts or other grant giving bodies particularly fundraising and legal knowledge.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management
How to apply
All applications will be made to Reach TrusteeWorks in the first instance. Applications need to include both CV and cover letter.
Apply for Treasurer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly