Chair of Trustees
About the organisation
Citizens Advice Camden provides a wide range of advice services to the people who live, work or study in Camden. In addition to our offices in Kentish Town and Albany we are providing services through various venues including GP surgeries, Great Ormond Street Hospital and the Royal Free Hospital.
About the role
We are seeking someone with governance skills who can provide leadership and enthusiasm to lead Citizens Advice Camden into the future. You will ultimately be responsible for the overall direction, vision and strategy of Citizens Advice Camden. We are looking for candidates who can bring innovative ideas, enthusiasm for our values, and excellent judgment to help determine our objectives. You will be prepared to assist our organisation in taking on any future challenges and play a key role in our success.
We are looking for someone who offers:
- Experience in senior leadership roles
- Knowledge or understanding of the legal and advice sector
- Empathy and commitment to the mission and objectives of Citizens Advice Camden
- Willingness to put time and effort into the role of Chair
- Understanding and acceptance of legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of strategic development and planning
The post is unpaid but reasonable expenses incurred in undertaking the role will be reimbursed.
We welcome applications from residents of Camden and surrounding boroughs irrespective of ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, gender and sexual orientation.
Trustees will be expected to attend about 6 meetings and one away day each year and the overall time commitment is around one day a month.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information. The deadline for this role is 01/06/17.
Apply for Chair of Trustees
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly