Trainee Tax Accountant - Coventry, up to £18,000 + study + bens
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a well-known Coventry based Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Trainee Tax Assistant to join their growing Tax team. Reporting to one the Tax Managers, the role would ideally someone with 1-2 years experience of dealing with some tax work, who is self-motivated, efficient and hard working. Key duties include:
- Assisting with the completion of self-assessment tax returns and P11D forms for individuals
- Reviewing and updating PAYE coding notices with HMRC
- Advising clients about their tax affairs under manager guidance
- Completing miscellaneous HMRC forms when required
- Setting up new Tax clients on the internal systems
- Drawing up letters to personal tax clients in relation to their tax returns
- Dealing with basic tax queries from clients, and referring more complex queries to the Manager
- Working towards a study programme - likely to be ATT Tax Qualification
- Providing basic knowledge to clients on changes in tax legislation which may affect them
- Supporting the Management team with growing the Tax service across the Midlands, and helping with organising business events
To be considered for the role you should ideally be seeking a firm where wider responsibilities, personal ownership and a broader tax client base will be made available to you; and a good knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and computerised accounting packages would be an advantage. As a trainee, you should be very attentive to detail, keep up to date with tax legislation, strong communication experience, able to take responsibility and deal with strict deadlines.
On offer is a salary up to £18,000 + excellent benefits including 20 days holidays with the option to buy more, flexi-time, pension scheme and free car parking. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile