Multi-skilled, food, fmcg
West Midlands 28,000-33,000
Are you a multi-skilled maintenance engineer coming from a food or closely related fmcg production environment? Are you seeking an opportunity that will make use of your mechanical and electrical repairs knowledge? Are you interested in a fast paced varied role that will enable you to work on a wide variety of machinery?
My client is a fast growing food manufacturer based in the West Midlands. They pride themselves on supplying high quality food products to retailers. As a result of expansion they are looking for an experienced maintenance engineer with hands on experience with both mechanical and electrical repairs. You will ideally have worked in a food production environment.
Maintenance Engineer responsibilities:
- Fault finding in machinery
- Carry out electrical and mechanical repairs to equipment to ensure the machines are functional for production.
- To carry out planned maintenance activities,
- To ensure safety standards in the area are maintained and safe working procedures are implemented and adhered to at all levels.
- Ensure that product is manufactured to the required quality and legality standards as set out by the company as well as maintaining an awareness of basic food hygiene.
Maintenance Engineer education requirements:
- A recognized Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering
- A recognized Electrical qualification such as City and Guilds or Level 3 NVQ Electrical engineering,
Maintenance Engineer experience required:
- Experience of installation, maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical systems.
- Control instrumentation fault diagnosis and repair for example level and conductivity probes, flow, pressure and temperature.
- Experience of the maintenance, fault finding and repair.
- Demonstrated "hands on" in an automated environment,
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of continuous improvement and team working, preferably in multifunctional teams
- P.C literate (Word, Email, Internet)
- A good communicator able to report on issues and make suggestions for improvements in person, by writing or email.
- Working in a production environment
- Maintenance Engineer