Health Safety Environment Manager HSE with Food Safety
As HSE Manager, or our HESTIA South contract you'll provide safety, health, risk and environmental support with food safety as an additional focus.
HESITA South contract which is a new contract to Sodexo covering Hampshire, Oxfordshire Buckinghamshire areas.
Project HESTIA aims to harmonise the provision of soft FM across the UK defence estate. The project will promote the well being of people within UK defence through the delivery of quality soft FM services that meet individual and defence needs, are adaptable to local circumstances and agile enough to meet the changing needs of the defence community.
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel. We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of infrastructure, facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community
We’re proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.Package description
Competitive salary of £ £31,000 - £36,500 plus benefits including bonus, car, pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare etc
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
Contribute to the delivery of the Sodexo Health, Safety & Risk strategy and delivery.
Provide a tailored mobilisation programme for new contracts.
Provide effective support and advice particularly during mobilisations for Unit/Site teams.
Ensure full compliance with relevant legislative and company standards within identified timescales and deadlines.
Ensure that all quality systems for Health & Safety and Environmental and Food Safety are maintained and monitored.Ideal candidate
- Experience of managing safety in a similar environment
- National H&S qualification (NVQ Level 4 or equivalent)
- Detailed knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
- Detailed knowledge of food safety legislation and level 4 food safety qualification or equivalent (or working towards it within the next six months)
- Certificate level environmental qualification
- Able to demonstrate achievement of continuous safety improvement in the workplace
- Good organisational /communication skills. Produce concise information
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- Self motivated and able to motivate others
- Proven recent experience in Health, Safety & Risk
- Proven analytical skills
- Experience of implementing Health & Safety Systems
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.