Senior Tax Manager (Mixed) - High Wycombe, to £65,000
2 days left
- Full Time
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Mixed Senior Tax Manager to join their growing team covering the Home Counties. Reporting to one of the Tax Partners, the role would ideally suit a Qualified Accountant or CTA/ATT Tax Qualified Specialist from a mid- to top-tier Accountancy practice. You will be working within a specialist tax team, and you must be able to demonstrate strong Personal & Corporate Tax compliance & advisory expertise (it is likely to be 70% Personal Tax, 30% Corporate Tax). Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Tax team on corporate & personal tax compliance and advisory assignments
- Providing advice to clients on various matters from EIS, share re-structuring, EMI’s, CGT planning & IHT planning etc for owned managed businesses
- Dealing with a portfolio of high net worth individuals and those with more complex affairs including non-residents.
- Providing solutions to technical issues and being able to demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant project areas
- Supporting the Partners with growing the Tax offering across West/NW London & Thames Valley, developing your professional network further
- Ensuring that the quality of corporate & personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adheres to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Reviewing self-assessment tax returns and preparing more detailed & complex tax returns.
- Dealing with HMRC on any complex client tax queries, ensuring you meet all legal deadlines
- Providing solutions to technical issues and demonstrating sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant project areas
- Development of innovative tax solutions in conjunction with the Tax Partner to both Business Entrepreneurs/OMB clients and individuals
To be considered for the role you should ideally be seeking a move to a firm where wider responsibilities, personal ownership and a broader client base will be made available to you, or from a Top firm seeking a mixed tax role where you are looking to strengthen overall Tax expertise. Previous experience of managing your own portfolio and working with complex tax cases is required, and you must possess excellent team-working and relationship building skills. A strong tax specialist from the legal profession will also be considered, or from Accounting as a CTA or ACA/ACCA qualified.
On offer is a salary up to £60,000 + excellent benefits including car allowance, 25 days holiday, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile