Head of Financial Reporting (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
7 days left
- Full Time
Heyland Recruitment are working in partnership with a highly regarded non for profit organisation in the Liverpool area as they look to appoint an experienced Head Of Financial Reporting. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Head of Financial Reporting will provide leadership to the group financial accounting function, including full responsibility for the effective and efficient financial reporting, control, compliance, data quality, financial management and integrity of the business and its subsidiaries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Part of the senior management team, contributing to its strategic and commercial development of the business
- Responsible for the statutory reporting of the group and financial year end, including production of statutory accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Management of the internal and external audit process
- Advise on Statutory or Regulatory changes impacting on financial reporting, developing and implementing appropriate action plans as required.
- Review and analyse consolidated financial information including a review against budget/forecast.
- Provide assurance to senior management on the compliance of statutory accounting, tax and other financial reporting requirements throughout the group.
- Oversee the efficient running of the transaction processing team consisting of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and the General Ledger.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans as required.
- Reconciliation and review of all consolidated balance sheet accounts.
- Identify and implement appropriate risk mitigation actions.
- Plan and implement infrastructure changes for the organisation to meet the expected rapid future growth opportunities.
- Manage and assist in maximising financial returns from Group investments.
- Manage the preparation of cash flow
- Interface with external advisors for various ad hoc requirements.
- Assess and implement appropriate training for staff within the line management responsibility, as part of the performance review process.
- Drive forward the development of a business partnering model thoroughout the business.
The role is a result of an on-going restructure and would suit an experienced Qualified Finance Manager with an excellent academic record and proven track record of managing teams within a complex environment. As the business approaches a significant period of change, the successful candidate will become involved in a number of on-going projects including the implementation of a new accounting system. Applicants with experience of developing system reports and implementation will be on significant interest.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a hugely innovative, academic environment within a business that can offer both a challenging and rewarding culture to their employees.